Citing this work
For a list of authors see the contributors section in GitHub. Also, please use the following Digital Object Identifier.
SageMathCloud is a cloud-based service that provides infrastructure and services that are useful for running courses based on Jupyter Notebooks. It is used for teaching by Universities around the world.
Basic access, without internet access, is free; however, it is well-worth paying for premium access if you are going to support a class full of students or need internet access. Paying users get more resources and support - vital if you are to rely on it for paying students.
Some Benefits of SageMathCloud
- No installation or configuration necessary. Everything Just Works.
- Students can use it on any machine, any operating system, anywhere they like.
- Has built in course-management functionality.
- Allows collaborative editing of notebooks. (It’s like Google Docs for Jupyter notebooks.)
- Has built in real-time chatrooms for easy interaction with students and collaborators.
- Section 0 - Getting Started
- Section 1 - A Tour of SageMathCloud - An overview of some of SageMathCloud’s functionality
- Section 2 - Creating a Course - How to create a course
- Section 3 - Course Management - Detailed course management instructions
- Section 4 - Interacting with students and collaborators - Overview of methods to interact with students and collaborators
- Section 5 - Other useful features and tricks - Things that can make your life easier
- Grading in SageMathCloud - Blog post from a lecturer who uses SMC in teaching
- SageMathCloud on GitHub - The whole system is open source
- Videos tutorials on course management features in SageMathCloud
Students’ mini tutorials
We have added a students’ mini tutorial! This might be handy for when you implement your lectures.
Just click on the Students tab!
This work is licensed under CC-BY 3.0.
- Human readable description of the license - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Legal text of the license - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mikecroucher/SMC_tutorial/master/license.txt